Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Swirly twirly french braid

My girls love getting their hair braided. Sometimes it is for the braid itself (thank  you Katniss Everdeen) Most the time it is so they can have crazy awesome curls the next day. Like Heather's on the first day of school.
This is how we do the Swirly Twirly. Yeah, I know we are super creative when it comes to making up names for stuff. Probably why our dogs have lame names and I have never named a car. Although I think that it is so cool.

Section off hair. Think of putting a box at the crown of the head and leaving hair loose all around. Then divide the "box" crown section in half horizontally. 

Begin braiding the bangs on one side of the head. I like to use a reverse french braid 
so the braid stands out a little.
                         Keep braiding along the ear, back of  head and up the other side.
                     Take out the band from the top section of the crown.  Braid across.
Finish up by braiding down and across the bottom half of the crown.
Finished. Yeah Swirly Twirly hair!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Laurel! Sooooo cool! I can barely manage your normal looking braid down the back and if I really work at it, Josie gets the laura ingalls braids on both sides of her head. Key word is "IF". :) I wish I had your talents friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I still can't work a curling iron...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is adorable!! I love it. Your newest follower from Primp Your Stuff! :)

    Kathy @ http://lifeonlakeshoredrive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one cool hair makeover. I like the name swirly twirly is a name that suits it just right.

    ReplyDelete