Thursday, August 23, 2012

Peach and Blackberry Cobbler


One of our family's all time favorite treats. It is super easy!

Fruit Mixture
2 pounds fresh peaches
1 pint fresh blackberries
3/4 c sugar
3 T cornstarch
3 T butter melted

Topping
3/4 c flour
1/4 c cornmeal
2 T sugar
1 stick butter
2 T cold water


Heat oven 350 degrees

Fruit Mixture
Combine peaches, berries, sugar and cornstarch.
 Place in 8x8 oven proof dish. (A cast iron skillet works great.) Drizzle melted butter over.

note: This recipe is very forgiving. I never weigh my fruit, I just fill the skillet. I am sure I put in way more than 2 pounds.  I also substitute different fruit depending on what I have handy. Blueberries, pears, etc. Just don't leave out the cornstarch or it will be runny.  Guess how I know?

Topping
Combine flour, cornmeal and sugar. Cut in butter
 (see my pie crust recipe for directions on cutting in butter) Add cold water.
                                                              Crumble over fruit.
Bake 45 minutes until top is golden


Serves eight maybe ten if your kids are not all hungry teenagers.

I am linked up at Somewhat Simple  and Delightful Order
 

1 comment:

  1. YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is what happens when mom rules the dutch oven.
    When dad makes cobbler, I think he uses fruit and a bag of cake mix

    ReplyDelete