Sunday, February 7, 2010

Aubrey's quilt

Tada! Here is Aubrey's quilt top for her bunk quilt at camp. She is a really good little sewer for her age. Her seams are nice and straight. She agreed to be my guinea pig for this project I will be helping 13 other girls make a similar quilt. I had a few calculations wrong for Aubs. But we worked it out and I think it is pretty cute and a simple into sewing/quilting.

The finished quilt is 54" x 60". We cut 15 strips of 7 inch wide fabric. Then sewed them together in groups of three using a 1/2 inch seam allowance. Then cut those groups 7 inches wide. Then alternated, rotated, continued to use the 1/2 seam allowance and assemble into final quilt.

2 comments:

  1. What a darling quilt! You are such an awesome mom, camp director, and seamstress extraordinaire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You are so talented and your cute kiddos are too.

    ReplyDelete