Saturday, January 8, 2011

August 2010



First day of school pictures are always a little frantic around here. We struggle with punctuality in general and have a hard time switching from swim mode to clothing and remembering how to do our hair. I had to beg Tyler to slow down so I could get him. Amber started at GCC a week after the kids.

This is my 5 year old neighbor Jonathan and his first day swimming, really swimming. I love teaching kids to swim. It is like taking their first steps. They gain huge amounts of confidence and freedom. It opens a new world of fun and adventure. I have always thought I could teach anyone to swim until I went head to head with Jonathan. He spent the summer stubborn and scared. I thought we might have to start all over next summer. Finally the last few weeks of swim weather I pulled out my big guns and he found the courage and motivation. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment