Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!

I have spent my spare time this week in the garden.  I love digging and planting. It is my time to meditate and ponder. My thoughts have been on Easter. I am so grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ and the promise of Resurrection.
I always feel grateful and a little special when I have guests in my garden. I was out enjoying the cool and beauty of Easter morning. I found this bright Giant Swallowtail still sleeping on my climbing rose. There were three more in the backyard flitting around. 

A couple shots from the egg hunt. 

Our neighbor sent a treat for us. 

 They are from Romania and she makes the most beautiful pastries. They are very different from anything I have ever eaten. Not as sweet as American cookies. I especially liked the yellow and the round ones on this plate of goodies.



2 comments:

  1. You have such a lovely garden, beautiful butterflies and children alike, and the sweetest neighbors. Happy Easter to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was reading about Sister Francis Monson and my favorite comment by one of her children discussed their pets-- apparently she allowed them to keep a snake in the bathtub! Kinda reminded me of the various creatures you let us keep (scorpions, black widows, chickens).

    ReplyDelete